What weather do your prefer?

Saturday, February 19, 2011

A list of reasons why you didn't do it...that you forgot to write.

The role of father/husband can be complicated...if you're a man. For me, it's more straight forward than that. The father/husband in my life is good man, he strives to care for his family and keep us together forever. I ask little of him, in the way of cleaning... merely take out the garbage/recycling and prevent messes. Not a long list by any standards and not a complicated one either. First, garbage... I'd say we average one bag every 2-3 days. When the bag is 3/4 full I send out a courtesy reminder that SOON the garbage will need to leave the house and regroup with the other refuge. When the bag is full, I ask that it be removed promptly so I can re-bag the trashcan. There then comes a need to put MORE trash in the garbage SO I remove the bag and set it suspiciously close the where the father/husband likes to spend his time. I remind before school and before bed to take the garbage out. (I could do it, and he COULD grow a pair of breast if he wanted.) Anyways...Day two...garbage NOT out. Second garbage 3/4 full, courtesy reminder goes out. NAG? Oh really?!? OK. So I remind him AGAIN to take out garbage #1 and #2 ...and by now the recycling has become a leaning tower of card board...dangerously touchy, falling on the heads of passerby's and beckoning the cat to scale it. It never fails that father/husband will laze around, jump in the shower at the last minute and not be able to find his sock/shoe/belt/etc/etc/etc...and then NOT have time to grab the garbage...Even though garbage is THE FAST FOOD of household chores...fast and ready to go. Obviously, I need the garbage taken out and more obviously he has needs (manly needs). So I go on strike AND the garbage goes out. Secondly, messes. Throughout the day, I pick up here, tidy up there and keep the house from crashing in on itself. Believe it OR NOT, sometimes I DO need a break (holy crap...she's human!!) so I empty my purse of diaper, wipes, toys, cups, and all the other heavy mommy crap and run toward the exit!!!!!! Although I left the house quickly, I know it was clean (not visiting relatives clean, but clean enough!)...I know that there was not a foot of cereal covering the floor, yes, I know that when I left the house, the couch WAS in the living room AND the cat DID have hair. So...how did it get this way? IDK...What do you mean... YOU       DON'T     KNOW? ...back on strike.

3 comments:

  1. Seth has the same handicap. I love your style of writing, I was giggling to myself through out the entire post. Awesome! I am one of your #1 fans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA HA! You better blog all the time. I am loving reading this! I know what you mean about the garbage. . . Thomas does usually clean when I am not around. He is pretty good about surprising me with a freshly vacuumed floor and a sink recently emptied of dirty dishes. I guess I can let the Garbage thing go. :)

    ReplyDelete